- Spectrum Analyser Mode.
- Cell Tower Analyser Mode.
- Beacon Mode – Analyse how signal propagates in building.
- Test all cables for OPEN and SHORT connections.
- Check all internal antennas for proper performance.
- Automatically sync survey data to StellaControl account.
- Big internal battery for extended hours.
- Large user friendly touch screen.
The TestTool enables quick analysis of all coaxial cables in the repeater installation. It can also analyse how the signal propagates throughout the building.
The coaxial cables inside the building can have the following problems:
Putting N-connectors onto coaxial cable requires skill and it is easy to get it wrong.
If the centre pin of the connector is too far inside the housing, then it will not form a contact with the centre core of the cable and it will attenuate the signal badly. Even worse, it will appear as an “open” circuit, with no signal passing at all.
Another type of failure is a small braid of metal can get caught between the centre pin and the outside housing of the connector. This will result in a short, which will also block the signal.
TestTool and Beacon
The TestTool can optionally come with another unit called the Beacon. For testing a cable, attach the Beacon to one end of the cable and the TestTool to the other end of the cable. The Beacon generates a 1000MHz tone and 3.3V DC and sends this down the cable. The TestTool receives this 1000MHz tone, measuring its power. It also measures the 3.3V DC.
From these measurements it can:
- Calculate the loss across the cable in dBs.
- Estimate the length of the cable.
- Warn you if there is a short in the cable.
- Warn you if there is an open circuit.
To see how the signal propagates through parts of the building turn on the Beacon. Place the Beacon in a location where typically an internal antenna might be installed. The Beacon will transmit a tone on each frequency band. Use the TestTool to see the strength of these tones in nearby locations, like adjacent rooms or just further down the corridor. This will clarify how signal is traveling through the building and further help in the antenna floor plan design.
Internal Antenna Tester
The TestTool can be used to test every antenna after the installation. It’s as simple as touching the Yagi antenna off every antenna and viewing the power spectrum. If there is an issue with a particular antenna, it can easily be isolated.